The cooperative concept
A cooperative school is one in which the parents work along side a staff of education professionals to operate and administer the school. At LFNS, our school director is in charge of the day-to-day activities at the school while a board made up of parents handle duties such as fundraising, event planning, maintanance, and other duties that keep the school functioning.
Below is a list of the required duties of the adult members of LFNS. Fullfilling responsibilities typically requires families to dedicate 16 to 20 hours a month.
- Work at the school as a teacher’s assistant one day a week from 8:45 am until approximately 1:30 pm.
- Attend a monthly co-op meeting. The co-op meetings are adults only. Children cannot attend.
- Participate in 8 hours of school maintenance throughout the year.
- Participate in all mandatory fundraising events.
- Provide snack for the class 4-10 times per year, based on the number of days your child attends.
- Sign up for a “Great Job” such as librarian, aquarium maintenance, gardening, or yearbook/historian.